JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

30 Day Horror Challenge Strikes Back Day 3

30 Day Horror Challenge Strikes Back Day 3: Character you would happily kill: That whiny little bitch boy in the Evil Dead remake. At NO POINT does this dude take responsibility for his actions. He started the whole thing and not only does he never stop whining once the shit hits the fan but never once acknowledges that it's his fault.



That having been said, I did enjoy the Evil Dead remake. I've been a fan of the original trilogy since I was a wee youngster of a horror freak. I personally feel the remake could've used some of the dark humor of Dead by Dawn but that's just me. They did go balls to the wall hardcore with the violence and gore and I respect that. Any horror movie these days that doesn't pander to the PG13 crowd gets a few automatic points from me. 

I was a bit disappointed by what they did with the infamous tree rape scene. The original had a great bondage/S&M feel to it that my freaky ass loved. But it was still a rather disturbing scene so not bad. Overall, I enjoyed it.

5 comments:

  1. Great Blog Nicole, congratulations, I'm a Horror movies fan too. Excuse my english. Greetings from:
    http://terror-en-el-cine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they really could've done a better job with his character. Instead of him just being an idiot and reading aloud from the Necronomicon, they should've played up the voices possessing and encouraging him to do it, which they kind of hint at but not enough. Like you said though, I was glad at least they didn't go the PG-13 route like the awful Fog remake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oz, thanks very much! I'll check out your blog as well. :)

    Dick, I agree! It would've been much better if they'd gone that route. Would've made him more a tragic character forced to betray his friends rather than so obnoxious. And UGH the Fog remake was horrible. I usually treat it like the Star Wars prequels and pretend it never happened. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henry Rollins character in Feast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, much as I dig Henry, I'd definitely have used his character as a monster speed bump.

    ReplyDelete